It is our vision to help families create solutions resolving custody-related disputes.
To do this, we provide therapists with tools to proactively respond to a growing family challenge: court-ordered reconciliation and co-parenting counseling. Our training regimen and online course, Specialized Family Therapy, trains the family therapist on how to:
- End intractable custody impasses
- Soften the worries and concerns of custodial parents
- Assist the non-custodial parent to re- unite with estranged children
- Reduce intense hostility
- Develop a solution-focused approach
Methods of Training
We use a combination of teaching methods to train therapists including text content, video simulations, quizzes, and more.
By the end of training, the clinician will be able to:
- Recognize and utilize clients’ strengths following focused questions and active listening
- Conceptualize the solutions-building paradigm and practice
- Resolve family custody and co- parenting impasses
- Respond to crisis, extreme behaviors and setbacks
What You’ll Learn
You will be empowered as the Family Practitioner to more effectively resolve impasses between parents that often neither custom education nor medication has been to resolve.
You’ll learn to use advanced clinical methods to enhance co-parenting relationships in a variety of situations, and how to apply a practical intervention to provide reconciliation counseling when a parent and child have become estranged.
You will be able to offer your services independently or as part of an agency to the Family Court in your geographic region.
You will also receive four Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for completing this course, and be able to represent yourself as providing Specialized Family Therapy, enhancing your professional standing.
Start Learning Now!
If you’d like to expand your services and gain CEUs in the process, take our Specialized Family Therapy Course now!Start Learning!